ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has urged the United Nations to take notice of Indian atrocities in occupied Kashmir in the aftermath of last week’s attack in Pulwama.
In an interview with a private news channel, Qureshi said he has written a letter to the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in which he has raised concerns over the “negative tactics” used by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government ahead of the elections in India.
The foreign minister further said, he has requested the UN chief to play his part in the de-escalation of current tensions created by irresponsible attitude of the Indian government after the Pulwama attack.
“Pakistan has given a very measured and responsible response to the baseless accusations of India,” Qureshi said.
“Attributing it to Pakistan even before investigations is absurd,” Qureshi said. “India must be asked to conduct an open and credible investigation on Pulwama incident,” he added.
The already sour relations between India and Pakistan have worsened since the past week as New Delhi piled blame on Islamabad for the Pulwama attack. Pakistan’s leadership has strongly refuted the allegations.
At least 44 Indian paramilitary soldiers were killed in Srinagar-Jammu Highway in Awantipora area of Pulwama district on Thursday, when an improvised explosive device targetted a convoy of military vehicles, some 20 kilometres from Srinagar.
Mar 21, 2019 0
Mar 21, 2019 0
The 2018 Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) annual conference is scheduled for April 8 to 11 in Boao, Hainan Province. The forum will be themed "An Open and Innovative Asia for a World of Greater Prosperity."
— The Daily Mail - People's Daily