The Chief Justice was invited by his Indian counterpart to attend the conference from 21st to 23rd of next month.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been formally informed regarding the decision. The message will be conveyed to Indian High Commission later today.
Earlier on Thursday, Pakistan said two of its soldiers had been martyred and nine more wounded in what it described as small arms fire and dismissed the talk of surgical strikes as an “illusion” designed to whip up “media hype.”
Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said two Pakistani soldiers were martyred and nine wounded.
“There has been no surgical strike by India, instead there had been cross border fire initiated and conducted by India,” said a military statement.
“As per rules of engagement same was strongly and befittingly responded by Pakistani troops.”
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif also “strongly condemned the unprovoked and naked aggression of Indian forces”.
Islamabad later summoned the Indian High Commissioner to voice its anger at the operation, the Pakistani foreign ministry said.
Tensions between the two arch rivals have been boiling since the Indian government accused Pakistan-based militants of launching an assault on an army base in Occupied Kashmir earlier this month that killed 18 soldiers.
India has also been on a diplomatic drive to isolate Pakistan since the raid on September 18.
On Tuesday India said Prime Minister Narendra Modi would not attend a regional summit in Islamabad in November.
Nov 19, 2016 0
Dec 10, 2016 0
Dec 10, 2016 0
Special coverage on China's Two Party Sessions by The Daily Mail - People's Daily