ISLAMABAD: Adviser to the prime minister on foreign affairs Sartaj Aziz on Sunday said that the ongoing construction of the Torkham gate cannot be halted, adding that Pakistan is not violating any bilateral agreement.
The adviser on foreign affairs while in an interview to international media said that Pakistan is constructing the gate in its own territory and does not require taking permission from anyone.
Terrorism cannot be brought under control till the formation of border management system, said Aziz.
He said that people from Afghanistan are happy over reopening of the Torkham.
Steps such as showing travel documents at the border are in favour of both the countries, he added.
The foreign adviser said that if any country attacked Pakistan then it would be met with a befitting response.
Meanwhile, the Foreign Office of Pakistan announced that Kabul had decided to send a delegation, headed by its deputy foreign minister, on the invitation of Sartaj Aziz.
Deputy Foreign Minister Hekmat Khalil Karzai will visit Islamabad on Monday 20 June for discussions on the issues related to Torkham border crossing as well as other matters pertaining to border management, said the spokesman.
Earlier, the Pak-Afghan border also opened up after being closed for six days and curfew at Torkham was also lifted.
Both Afghanistan and Pakistan had summoned their respective ambassadors where strong protests had been lodged over killings on the border.
Dec 16, 2017 0
The 68th Anniversary of the Founding of the People’s Republic of China.
— The Daily Mail - People's Daily