By Shakeel Ahmed and Asghar Ali Mubarak
ISLAMABAD: The government placed a ban on arranging processions and sit-in at the Red Zone area after it was able to successfully negotiate the terms with the protestors who arranged a sit-in at D-Chowk for the past few days as the latter peacefully dispersed after the dialogue became a success.
Federal Minister of Interior Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan while addressing to the media on Wednesday evening stated that the no one will be able to earn a reputation by marching towards Islamabad, adding that those who enter the Red Zone take the government and the state as hostage.
He stated that the government has decided that from no political or religious party will be allowed to conduct a sit-in or procession in the Red Zone area. He said that the Parliament will be taken into consideration to discuss the ban on arranging a procession at Red Zone.
He said that no written agreement has been made with the protestors, adding that no government representative had the authority to make any agreement with the protestors.
He confessed that the decision to conduct an operation against the protestors had been finalised till 5pm on Wednesday. He said that the decision was taken back after a couple of respected figures approached the government from Karachi and played a vital role for the negotiations to become a success.
Interior Minister said that investigation has been launched to find out that how the protestors were able to enter the Red Zone area. He also said that action will be taken against all those who violate the law.
Nisar stated that 1070 protestors are behind bars and that out of all those apprehended, those who are not involved in any wreckage or spreading unrest will be released after investigation.
Meanwhile, Dialogue between the government and the protestors, who staged a sit-in at the D-Chowk for the past few days, turns out to be fruitful as the latter dispersed after the matters between the two parties were resolved peacefully.
Jamiat Ulema-e-Pakistan Chairman Shah Owais Noorani played an important role towards the negotiations becoming successful. Sarwat Ijaz Qadri, leader of Sunni Tehrik, along with Noorani and other prominent leaders of the protest indulged into a prolonged session of dialogue between the government and the protestors.
Ishaq Dar, Khawaja Saad Rafique and Pir Amin al-Hasnat represented the government in the dialogue session. A 7-point agreement was reached between the two parties, which involved the reviewing of registered cases against various religious leaders and that the arrested protestors will also be released.
The protestors began to evacuate the D-Chowk as soon the news regarding the negotiations becoming a success was surfaced.
The cellular service in the capital has also been restored.
Sep 28, 2016 0
Special coverage on China's Two Party Sessions by The Daily Mail - People's Daily