ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has on Sunday offered the opposition parties to receive a briefing from the government on all the mega scandals. He advised Sindh government to move courts in case of any reservations and added that the government was neither afraid, nor annoyed with National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
Holding a press conference in Islamabad, Chaudhry Nisar said that the government wasn’t afraid or annoyed with the NAB. He added that NAB had been established by former President Pervez Musharraf against Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) and the party remained a victim of NAB for 13 years.
“Two of the biggest enemies of PML-N ruled the country for 13 years but they couldn’t bring anything forward against us. Why would we be afraid now? Prime Minister (PM) Nawaz Sharif’s statement never meant to clip NAB’s wings. His statement was in context of the concerns shared by businessmen about NAB troubling them”, said Nisar.
Nisar said that billions of rupees were plundered in the mega scandals and political people were involved in them. He said that these cases were so serious that not pursuing them would have been a crime of national level. “If Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has any misunderstanding about the mega scandals then I am ready to give a briefing to all the institutions concerned and even for judicial scrutiny”, he said.
Interior Minister said that there was no political intervention at any level in Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and that the institution was investigating many of the mega scandals. He said that Pakistan was a democracy and there were proper running courts here. “I have presented my two and half year performance for judicial scrutiny. If Sindh government has any reservations about any of the actions by NAB and FIA, then they may move courts too”, said Nisar.
“My offer in not conditional to former President Asif Ali Zardari’s return. Whether he comes back or not, if the PPP is ready for a judicial commission then the government would be ready for it too. We are ready to form a commission of judges agreed upon by all the opposition parties”, he added.
Talking about Pathankot attack, the PML-N stalwart said that some arrests have been made in the case but it wasn’t necessary to make clear announcements about them. “It is a highly sensitive issue. Media should avoid from speculating”, said the minister. He assured that all the decisions will be made in accordance with the law.
Nisar added that a letter has been written to Indian government for sending an investigation team there and Indian has responded saying that they will inform us five days prior to the arrival. “Our investigation team will reach India within next few days”, he said. He told that India shared a few telephone numbers with the government about Pathankot incident and they have been added to the FIR.
Sep 28, 2016 0
Special coverage on China's Two Party Sessions by The Daily Mail - People's Daily