Latest update September 30th, 2016 12:23 PM
Jan 23, 2016
QUETTA: Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Ahmed Bugti narrowly escaped an attempt on his life when his convoy was struck by a roadside bomb in Dera Bugti.
The provincial home minister was on an official visit to his hometown in Baker tehsil of Dera Bugti. However, no casualties were reported in the blast, officials said.
Security officials further said the bomb was remotely controlled and a search operation has been initiated in the area.
The bomb exploded moments after Bugti’s vehicle crossed the site. One vehicle in the convoy was partially damaged as a result of the blast.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack but officials suspect Baloch separatist might be responsible.
Dera Bugti and Kohlu are considered to be among the most sensitive districts of Balochistan.
Baloch separatists demanding more autonomy and control over gas and mineral resources have frequently targeted security forces and pro government figures for years in the area.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Aug 29, 2016 0
Aug 13, 2016 0
Jul 04, 2016 0
Sep 29, 2016 0
Sep 28, 2016 0
Sep 27, 2016 0
Sep 26, 2016 0
Special coverage on China's Two Party Sessions by The Daily Mail - People's Daily