Twenty-four people had been killed while at least 40 others sustained wounds during the blast in the middle of a mourning procession on Friday evening.
According to a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) spokesperson today, 32 of the injured were brought to the PAF hospital Shahbaz for medical treatment on the orders of the Chief of Air Staff.
11 of the 32 injured were in critical condition and were transferred via a PAF C-130 plane to the private hospital in Karachi after coordination with the Sindh government.
According to a spokesman for the hospital, eleven of the critically injured also included children. He added that most of the injured have fractures and serious wounds.
Earlier, Sindh Home Minister Suhail Anwar Siyal told journalists on Saturday that the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) has claimed responsibility for the suicide attack.
Furthermore, Sindh Chief Minister, Qaim Ali Shah has announced Rs2 million each for the families of victims who had lost their lives in the blast.
Speaking to reporters, the Sindh CM said those injured in the terrorist attack will be given Rs1 million each as well as a government job. He also announced Rs200,000 each for those who received minor injuries in the attack.
Qaim Ali Shah said the provincial government will try to ensure that the proceedings of this case be undertaken by a military court.
Nov 15, 2017 0
Feb 18, 2018 0
Feb 18, 2018 0
The 68th Anniversary of the Founding of the People’s Republic of China.
— The Daily Mail - People's Daily