LONDON: A 12-year-old boy, who claimed to have identified prime suspect Mohsin Ali Syed in MQM leader Dr Imran Farooq’s murder case, will be provided extra security by the British law enforcers to ensure his safety.
According to our correspondent on Wednesday, the boy’s appearance before the jury is vital for the case proceedings as the British law compels all witnesses to do the same.
In case of a likely trial, a protective screen would be set up to conceal his identity, British prosecutors assured parents of the boy. They also assured them of his complete protection by the law enforcers.
All witnesses have guaranteed their full cooperation to London Metropolitan Police in this regard.
Last night, the British investigators said that they were likely to make “significant arrests” within couple of weeks in the light of information divulged by Mohsin Ali Syed, one of the prime suspects in the murder case.
The investigators had met with five witnesses among them a 12 year old boy, who said he was an eyewitness of the murder and has identified Mohsin Ali Syed as one of the attackers from his photos.
The boy, who was seven year old at the time of Imran Farooq’s murder, told investigators that the attackers had made other children, playing near the crime scene, flee before committing the crime.
The boy further said he fled from the scene when the murderers attacked Imran Farooq with knives and bricks.
A Scotland Yard team also met with Shumaila Farooq, widower of Imran Farooq. she was told about the new direction the case was now heading in the two-hour-long meeting.
Scotland Yard to present interrogation findings to CPS
Meanwhile, sources have said the Scotland Yard will soon present a file about interrogation findings on Mohsin Ali Syed and Kashif Khan Kamran to the Crown Prosecution Service.
The CPS will look at the evidence gathered so far and will decide whether there was sufficient evidence to charge them.
According to our correspondent, the Met Police believes there is enough evidence to press charges on Mohsin Ali Syed at this stage.
The file contains latest audio and video statements made by Mohsin during recent interviews with Scotland Yard officials in Pakistan. It also carries the evidence gathered by the police within the UK while the two suspects were here prior to September 16, 2010 when the murder took place.
The CPS lawyers will look at the file and will allow the police to press charges if the prosecutors believe there was enough evidence present to secure punishments.
Decision likely soon
According to reliable sources, the Scotland Yard is of the view that they have enough evidence now and the CPS should allow for the charges.
The British law enforcers can get the two accused declared as charged, as they currently are in the custody of Pakistani authorities.
They already have been declared as ‘wanted’ by the British police.
Sep 28, 2016 0
Special coverage on China's Two Party Sessions by The Daily Mail - People's Daily