The Bombay High Court on Tuesday is set to hear actor Salman Khan’s plea seeking permission to travel to Dubai for a show on May 29, 2015. Salman had moved the court last week seeking permission to travel to Dubai for a show later this month. The actor’s passport is in custody of Bandra police after he was convicted for 2002 hit-n-run case.
Previously, the High Court granted him bail and suspended his jail sentence. It had also said that the actor would need to seek the court’s permission every time he wants to travel outside the country. Salman Khan was convicted on May 6 to five-year-imprisonment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder in the 2002 case when his SUV killed a homeless man and injured others.
According to Indian media reports, Khan confirmed his Dubai trip through a video message which says, “I’m going to be in Meydan Dubai on the 29th of May for the Arab-Indo Bollywood Awards (AIBA). See you there”. Along with Salman, top Bollywood stars including Priyanka Chopra, Jacqueline Fernandez, Varun Dhawan, Parineeti Chopra, Neha Dhupia and Kanika Kapoor are scheduled to perform at the event.