The special meeting was called following Wednesday’s attack targeting a bus belonging to the Ismaili community. 46 people lost their lives in the gun-attack which took place near Safoora Chowrangi.
According to ISPR the meeting which reviewed progress of operations and intelligence efforts was attended by the Army chief, Sindh Governor, Chief Minister, DG ISI, Chief Secretary, IG Sindh, DG MI, DG MO and DG ISPR.
In a series of tweets DG ISPR Major General Asim Sallem Bajwa outlined the decisions taken during the meeting.
– Intelligence agencies have been directed to work together to exploit existing leads.
– Continuation of across the board operations with increased tempo.
– Regular and meaningful Apex Committee meetings on a weekly basis
– Apprehension of criminals, abettors and members of proscribed outfits regardless of political, religious, ethnic, sectarian or any other affiliations.
– Develop system for strict checking at all entry and exit points.
– Intelligence sub-committee to coordinate and synergise civil-military intelligence efforts for optimally effective intelligence based operations.
– Need to extend governance/law enforcement agencies to Karachi’s weakly governed spaces.
– Check all financial channels of funding to criminals, militants and terrorists.
– Effective policing and surveillance in vast suburbs of Karachi to prevent sneaking terrorist attacks.
– Transparent and merit based appointments of various department officials with oversight mechanism to help the system for long-term sustainability.
Oct 19, 2017 0
The 68th Anniversary of the Founding of the People’s Republic of China.
— The Daily Mail - People's Daily