Residents of Pyongyang may already have had the pleasure or not of watching The Interview.
According to a North Korean defector-turned-activist, thousands of copies of the film dubbed a wanton act of terror by the country have been dropped via balloon over the border from South Korea.
In quotes published by The Guardian, Lee Min-bok said that he had carried out four launches since January, each time attaching copies of the comedy, along with anti-North Korea government leaflets, to helium balloons let out from the back of a truck.
Residents of Pyongyang may already have had the pleasure – or not – of watching The Interview.
“I launched thousands of copies and about a million leaflets on Saturday, near the western part of the border,” he said.
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter in February, Jake Bizilj, chairman of the Cinema for Peace Foundation which is also involved in the airdrop, warned about revealing any details of the plans.
“The army will stop anyone even picking up a copy of the DVD,” he said.
The Interview, which features a storyline involving an assassination attempt on North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, is believed to behind the devastating cyber-attack on Sony Pictures last year, which Pyongyang stands accused of launching.