KARACHI–Soon after the reports that Governor Sindh Dr Ishratul Ebad Khan was considering to resign from his post in the aftermath of startling revelations unearthed by former MQM activist and death row convict Saulat Mirza, he categorically ruled out the reports calling them rumours.
Mirza, in his video confession last night, alleged that the party through the governor provides shelter to criminal party workers.
He also said the order to kill the MD KESC had been passed on to him by Babar Ghauri, the then MNA of MQM. Mirza said MQM chief Altaf Hussain used to carry his messages through Babar Ghauri.
Earlier, sources told media that the governor was in close contact with Islamabad after the last night’s confession video.
The sources close to Governor Sindh also said that he was not interested in keeping the office following the allegation hurled at him. They add that the MQM, however, was holding Dr Ebad back from tendering his resignation.
MQM chief Altaf Hussain, leader Babar Ghauri and a spokesman of Governor House had dismissed the allegations hurled at them, calling them a conspiracy to defame the party.
Sources in MQM, on the other hand, said that no such decision has been made and the governor would continue working until the party reach a decision in this regard.
They said the issue regarding Governor Ishrat’s resignation was not being considered at any level.
Nov 15, 2017 0
The 68th Anniversary of the Founding of the People’s Republic of China.
— The Daily Mail - People's Daily