– The Daily Mail published report in this direction in January
– Delhi on Tuesday confirmed the said by claiming that it had uncovered plot to assassinate Bangladeshi PM
– RAW and IB, under Ajit Doval’s scripted plan gave task to Chhota Rajan
– Chhota Rajan gang’s services otherwise given to Hasina for help in polling campaign
– RAW wants Awami League’s win but without Hasina on the scene
– RAW continued to work on at least three AL leaders as Hasina’s replacement – Chhota Rajan people arranged assassinations of many Al leaders including Ahsanulllah Master in past
– Rajan gang kept haunting Bangladeshi judiciary through mafia tactics to get required judgments
– Abdul Quadir Molla’s death sentence had Rajan gang’s backing
– Failed or successful assassination bid on Hasina was set be credited to some Islamist groups and ultimately ISI link by linking it with Molla’s hanging
– Dr. Dipu Moni, Syed Ashraful Islam and Sheikh Taposh were considered being amongst Hasina’s potential replacements
From Anjali Sharma
INEW DELHI: The Daily Mail’s special investigative Report, published in January (http://www.dailymailnews.com/dmsp0204/january012014.htm) this year, finally got confirmations from New Delhi’s official quarters, though with a totally different twist when on Tuesday, India’s top terrorism spreading agency RAW claimed that it had uncovered a suspected plot by a banned militant group to assassinate the Prime Minister of Bangladesh and carry out a coup.
According to Indian claims, India will hand over a dossier to Bangladesh with details of the plan by members of the Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen, which has carried out scores of attacks in India’s eastern neighbour, the government and police officials said reported Reuters in a report appeared in global media. Bangladesh did not comment directly on the assertions that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had been the target of a plot, but said it had tightened security on the border with India. The alleged conspiracy was discovered after two members of the group were allegedly killed in an explosion while building homemade bombs at a house in West Bengal in eastern India earlier this month.
Indian police say the militants were Bangladeshis and were using India as a safe haven to plan the attacks. “The strategy was to hit the political leaders of the country and demolish the democratic infrastructure of Bangladesh,” said a senior Indian Home (interior) Ministry official, who spoke on condition of anonymity. Indian National Security Adviser Ajit Doval, who, according to The Daily Mail’s earlier report was himself the master planner of this very assai nation plan, on Monday, visited the house where the blasts took place and met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to discuss the situation.
The revelations come against a backdrop of political friction earlier this year between Indian nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Banerjee. On one campaign stop in West Bengal before his general election victory in May, Modi said illegal immigrants from Bangladesh should get their “bags packed” if he came to power. Analysts said the speech sought to mobilise Modi’s Hindu support base against Banerjee, who leads a regional party in West Bengal that is backed by many of the Muslims who make up a quarter of the state’s 90 million population. Modi reached out to leaders of neighbouring countries as soon as he was elected, inviting them to his inauguration as prime minister, and he sent his foreign minister to Dhaka to establish friendly relations. However, border disputes and water sharing remain unresolved issues between the two countries.
Prime Minister Hasina and her top rival, Khalida Zia, have dominated the country’s politics for more than a decade. Indian security officials, who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the record, did not say how the militants planned to carry out the assassinations. However, The Daily Mail Islamabad, back in January this year published a special investigative Report and proved that it was Indian intelligence agency RAW that was actually organizing the plan to assassinate Hasina Wajid and later to blame Islamic Groups, specially with Pakistan links and also to implicate ISI in this regard. Here is The Daily Mail’s report